People visit India to enjoy its wildlife attraction. When it comes to wildlife photography places in India, there are many National parks in India. But, only a few are good when it comes to photographing wildlife.
It is not just about clicking picture of animals. It is about choosing to picture animals in their own habitat with little regards to safety. It needs elegance, timely move and time-perfected snapshots to create a good wildlife photograph.
- Corbett National Park – Located in Uttarakhand, this park is famous for photographing large carnivorous mammals.
- Dachigam National Park – Located in Kashmir, Dachigam National Park is iconic for beautiful photographs. This is the right place to photograph rare animals like Kashmiri stag, Himalayan black bear, musk deer and others.
- Dudhwa National Park – This is an ecosystem park located in Uttar Pradesh. Starting from the one-horned rhino to the hog deer, you can find an array of animals. If you visit during spring or winter, you can spot many local or migration birds.
- Hemis National Park – Hemis National Park located in Ladakh is attracting thousands of professional wildlife photographer for photographing snow leopards.
- Great Himalayan National Park – This park is the basic park for any wildlife photographer in Kullu in the state of Himachal Pradesh. You can find all cliché wildlife elements that are essential for a photographic tour. This park holds a brilliant collection of exotic animals that are confined to the Himalayan ecosystem.
- Ranthambore National Park – This park of Rajasthan has its place in many luxury train trips and numerous wildlife tour packages. Your wildlife photography trip to India is incomplete without doing tiger photography. The most commonly sought animal for photography is the elegant Bengal tiger with cubs.
- Gir National Park – best park to visit is Gir of Gujarat. This park is home to the lions. You can also spot 300 different birds and many interesting migration birds in this park.
- Tadoba National Park – It is one of the oldest national parks. Tadoba National Park is located in Chandrapur region of Maharashtra. This park has its own share of tigers making spotting tigers more common here.
- Kaziranga National Park – Kaziranga National Park is well known for its one-horned Rhinos. It is also known for the rich tiger population. Other wildlife subjects here include Swamp Deer, Sambhar, Elephants, Wild Water Buffalo, Hog Deer, Indian Muntjac and Wild Boar. is in Golaghat and Nagaon districts of Assam, north-east of India.
- Simlipal National Park – Located in Simlipal park of Odisha. Wildlife photography is not just about large mammals and ferocious animals. It is also about clicking small animals that are easy to miss. Flying squirrels, dancing peacocks, mynah and other small animals
- Anamalai Tiger Reserve – This is a small mountain range park located in Tamil Nadu. The best element of this park is that, it is not crowded with commercial tourists. You can spot wild animals like wild dogs, deers, elephants, tigers and other.
There are numerous national parks in the country that allow safari and photography in India. Some photographers take safari continuously for several times. You will get the best lifetime experience with wildlife. Don’t forget to take your good telephoto lenses when you are visiting these places.
Paxton Equipments has Canon 100-400 f4-5.6 in EF mount and 2x adapter for Canon users and 100-400 E mount for Sony users which gives impressive autofocus.